Trauma to Art, Inc. (501c3) Mission To help young adults (teens & 20s) find their own unique path through grief through creativity, rituals to remember and community contribution.
- Encourage and inspire people coping with grief.
- Help grievers find resources.
- Facilitate creativity in response to death and loss.
- Open the dialogue about death with an emphasis on leaving behind a legacy we are proud of.
- Establish an American Day of the Dead holiday to celebrate and honor lost loved ones as a society.
Programs & Execution of Goals
- An annual resource book to keep up with societal changes and emerging themes, research and therapies.
- Annual scholarships and quarterly stipend awards to collect stories from people who have been inspired by their grief. Stories will help expand our library of inspiration for individuals in their initial stages of grief.
- In-person workshops in the the Boston, Cambridge, Watertown, Belmont area. All workshops are filmed to expand our reach beyond the local area.
- Online content: videos, podcasts and articles focusing on — creativity as an outlet, others’ path through loss and lifetime legacy.
- Online database aggregating all grief resources nationally. (This is a long-term project.)
- We host an annual Day of the Dead event to break bread, dance and make one declaration to do one good thing in the coming year in honor of lost loved ones. We post guides to encourage others to celebrate as well. In the coming year we will try to make note of all Day of the Dead events for others to attend to help spread the word.
For more info: Read our FAQ